Reporting to the Executive Director, the Residential Support Worker is responsible for supporting individuals with daily living tasks while facilitating an atmosphere of safety, independence, social interaction and community involvement.
The Residential Support Worker will work twelve-hour shifts to facilitate 24/7 shift coverage. They will participate as a member of a team of professionals whose focus is safety, stability and support for individuals with serious mental illness who would otherwise experience homelessness or near homelessness. The team will include the resident/client, residential support worker, CMHA Kenora Branch case manager, community case manager or ACT Team and other residential staff members.
- Diploma in social sciences or human services an asset, High School Graduation Diploma minimum
- Experience working with individuals with mental health limitations or demonstrated ability to work with vulnerable populations
- Personal qualities of empathy, understanding, patience
- Ability to participate side by side with individuals to accomplish tasks, develop meaningful activities
- Ability to carry out and model activities of daily living
- Interpersonal communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate professionally with community agencies
- Knowledge of community resources
- Cultural Competence for Diverse populations
- Recording skills
- Computer skills
- Demonstrated understanding of personal space and ‘boundaries’ and the ability to role model same
- Ability to manage conflict and crisis situations
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
Please submit resume by November 27th, 2019
Canadian Mental Health Association, Kenora Branch
227 Second Street South, 2nd Floor
Kenora, Ontario P9N 1G1
The Canadian Mental Health Association, Kenora Branch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.