This member of the Canadian Mental Health Association, Kenora Branch works alongside a team of professionals whose focus is safety, stability and support for individuals with serious mental illness who would otherwise experience homelessness or near homelessness.
The team would consist of a multidisciplinary team either within the Canadian Mental Health Association, Kenora Branch or another community agency.
The Program Coordinator has training in one of the regulated health professions (i.e. social work, psychotherapy, rehabilitation counselling, psychology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy), and is a fully registered member of the regulating college or body of his or her profession.
He or she has the clinical skill and experience to assess, plan, develop, coordinate, and provide treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to program clients with severe and persistent mental illnesses.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting individuals with daily living tasks by coordinating programs that support these needs within the community.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Registered or eligible for registration in a regulated health profession
- Knowledge of mental health/illness and mental health difficulties and treatment modalities
- Assessment, Treatment and Evaluation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients, team colleagues, and community stakeholders
- Ability to participate side by side with individuals to accomplish tasks, develop meaningful activities
- Ability to carry out and model activities of daily living
- Cultural Competence for diverse populations
- Working knowledge of community resources and agencies
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Computer literacy and recording skills
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Criminal Records Check
- Certification in CPR and First Aid or willingness to obtain same
- Ability to manage conflict and crisis situations
Please submit resume by July 20th, 2018 attention to:
Canadian Mental Health Association, Kenora Branch
227 Second Street South, 2nd Floor
Kenora, Ontario P9N 1G1
The Canadian Mental Health Association, Kenora Branch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.